By Iphie Alfred
Few days ago I was on a bike to Aswani market when I saw an elderly man in front of Aswani police station crying like a baby
I wanted to pass and mind my business when the okada man carrying me shouted at him “MAN UP, YOU ARE A MAN, NO DEY FUCK UP”
i got angry and asked him to drop me, I paid him off and turned to go meet the crying man.
I already had tears in my eyes before I could reach him, I hugged him like I have known him and he cried the more We both cried and people passing were just looking at us.
I still haven’t asked him why he was crying but I wanted him to understand it’s OK to not be so strong.
A man in a Toyota jeep saw us and stopped, packed by the side and came to meet us to find out what was wrong.
His wife is late and left two little children for him one of the kids was seriously ill and he was trying to make some money to buy drugs from the local pharmacy when police stopped him and seized his bike for refusing to give them some money.
He cried telling his story, explaining that he didn’t have any money on him and will settle them on return but they seized his bike and that day was the second day
His son gets more sick by the day and he can’t do anything but look at him and cry.
The man asked if I was related to him and I said no I just saw him crying and wanted to comfort him and find out whats wrong.
Together we went back to the police station, the man asked him how much were they demanding and he said 3000, He gave him the 3000 to give them and they released his bike.
He almost laid down on the floor in appreciation, He also gave him an extra 7k to get meds for the son
We both thanked him and he drove off.
The bike man insisted I follow him to know his place and help take his son to isolo General hospital.
Luckily we were attended to immediately, I gave him the money I wanted to use and buy stuffs at Aswani market, he was so grateful and told the nurses to help thank me.
I was happy I was able to help.
Almost every evening after work I intentionally drop at the bike stand where he and other bikers wait for passengers just to patronize him.
He will let out a big smile and we will gist till he gets to my gate.
I invited him and his kids to come around on Sunday for lunch, he promised to come.
I can’t wait to have them around.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- I am Beautiful but Men Run away from me – Single Lady Laments
- Amaechi Chief Security Officer Electrocuted in Kaduna (photos)
- Boko Haram killing of the CAN chairman is not Buhari’s Fault – Femi Adesina
- My Girlfriend Made me Eat Her A*s and Taste Her Shit
- Photos of Abacha’s ’40 year old’ Uncompleted Building Abandoned in Lagos
- Supreme Court Adjourns Review Of Imo Governorship Case To March 2
- Gunmen shoots Custom officers Evacuating Bags of Smuggled Rice in Ogun state (photos)
- Bandits kills 4 soldiers and 2 Civilians in Bayelsa state
- North will destroy itself if i does’t change – Sanusi
- Nigeria is Bleeding – Middle Belt Leaders