A tanker fully loaded with Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) also known as petrol has gutted fire in Imo State.
The incident occurred on Thursday along Owerri-Aba Expressway, a few kilometres from the Imo Airport.
One person was killed and two others critically injured as a result of the inferno.
According to Channels Television, the accident occurred after the petrol tanker rammed into the road demarcation.
He said this triggered the fire and, in the process, the driver of the tanker died as he struggled to escape.
Shortly after the inferno, men of the Imo State Fire Service arrived at the scene to put out the fire.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- My Husband urinates on the bed and keep blaming our Son – Nigerian woman
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)
- Inside Buhari’s Government, Ministers and Aides fighting against Each Other – Jackson Ude
- Don’t Date a Girl who cannot Pay her Transport fare to come to see you – Nigerian Lady Advises Men
- Women cheat more than Men – White Lady (video)
- Nigerian Man makes his own Vehicle, test-runs it in Lagos (photos)