The lawmaker representing Chibok, Damboa and Gwoza, Ahmahdu Usman Jaha, has said that he is ready to give out his life if that would guarantee peace in the north east.
According to Channels Tv, Jaha said this on Wednesday at the floor of the House of Representatives while lamenting over the killing of 30 persons by Boko Haram insurgents in Auno.
“I’ve said without fear of any contradiction that I am ready to give out my life if those in the northeast can live in peace.
“The most painful thing on earth is for you to stay in your comfort zone while your constituents are dying like animals,” the lawmaker said.
According to him, the incident happened as a result of negligence on the part of the Nigerian Army.
“Failure or inability on the part of the Nigerian Army to have a constructive listening of intelligence gathering from the DSS and other relevant informants in the community led to this attack”.
He, therefore, urged the Speaker of the House to treat the matter as a national issue and with a sense of urgency.
“Mr Speaker, as far as I’m concerned, this is a national issue. It happened today in Borno but only God knows where next it will happen in the 36 states of the federation because of negligence or complacency on the part of our security operatives”.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Buhari is dead and buried in a shallow grave in Saudi Arabia – Nnamdi kanu
- My Husband urinates on the bed and keep blaming our Son – Nigerian woman
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)
- Inside Buhari’s Government, Ministers and Aides fighting against Each Other – Jackson Ude
- Don’t Date a Girl who cannot Pay her Transport fare to come to see you – Nigerian Lady Advises Men
- Women cheat more than Men – White Lady (video)