Governor Hope Uzodinma of Imo state on Wednesday threatened that his administration would no longer tolerate protests that are designed to destabilize government activities and disrupt the peace of the state.
Gov. Uzodinma, who gave the warning during a solidarity rally organized by the National Union of Road Transport Workers and Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities (JONAPWD), said that government would no longer fold its arms and watch any group under any guise disrupt the peace of the state.
“Government will do all within the ambits of the law to maintain peace and order; those who are engaging in these incessant protests must stop forthwith. I took an oath to maintain peace and protect the lives and property of the citizens, I will not fail to deal with any group causing breach of the peace in the state,” the governor said.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)
- Inside Buhari’s Government, Ministers and Aides fighting against Each Other – Jackson Ude
- Don’t Date a Girl who cannot Pay her Transport fare to come to see you – Nigerian Lady Advises Men
- Women cheat more than Men – White Lady (video)
- Nigerian Man makes his own Vehicle, test-runs it in Lagos (photos)
- Lawmakers vs Innoson: Foreign Cars permitted but Foreign Rice not permitted – Shehu Sani