A Kansas man was arrested a day after writing a Facebook post threatening to kill President Trump, federal authorities said.
“I’m going to kill Trump in the white house tomorrow at 7 PM,” Aaron McDowell wrote Tuesday on his Facebook page, according to a criminal complaint obtained by the Daily News.
A Facebook user unknown to the suspect apparently dared him to take action. “You prove it,” the woman commented on his post.
McDowell then reportedly replied, saying, “You’ll see it on the news.”
The Next day, a U.S. Secret Service agent visited the suspect in his home in Salina and the man offered a confusing explanation for the threat.
Security Authorities said McDowell told the agent he had been talking about conspiracy theories with his father earlier that day and mentioned his plan to post a threat against Trump on Facebook.
His father advised him against it, but the suspect did it anyway, according to the complaint.
McDowell was charged with knowingly and willingly making a threat against the president of the United States, a felony punishable by up to five years in prison.
New York Times…
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)
- Inside Buhari’s Government, Ministers and Aides fighting against Each Other – Jackson Ude
- Don’t Date a Girl who cannot Pay her Transport fare to come to see you – Nigerian Lady Advises Men
- Women cheat more than Men – White Lady (video)
- Nigerian Man makes his own Vehicle, test-runs it in Lagos (photos)
- Lawmakers vs Innoson: Foreign Cars permitted but Foreign Rice not permitted – Shehu Sani
- Lady Beats her Mother mercilessly After A Pastor Said she is A Witch (video)
- Lagos: I was accused of an alliance with the Igbos against the Yoruba interest – Agbaje