The Newly Declared Governor, Hope Uzodinma, has given an order to all financial institutions where the state funds are maintained not to honour any draft till further notice.
This order came a few hours after that the Supreme Court declared him the duly elected governor of the state on Tuesday.
Acooridng to Punch, a letter addressed to the regional directors and managers of all the financial institutions in Imo state and signed by Cosmos Iwu, director-general of Senator Hope Uzodinma campaign organization on behalf of the governor-elect, ordered the financial institutions to “post no debit” on all the accounts of the state domiciled in their banks till further directive.
The letter which was titled, “Order of post no debit on all accounts of Imo state government effective immediately 14 January 2020” stated that the order was a sequel to the apex court judgment which declared Uzodinma the new governor of the state.
The three-paragraph letter read, “Following the Supreme Court judgment of 14 January 2020, I am directed by his excellency, Senator Hope Uzodinma, to take this as your authority/instruction to place a post no debit order on all accounts of the Imo state government maintained in your various institutions.
“You are by this letter directed to comply and await further instructions from the office of his excellency, the executive governor of Imo state. Thanks for your cooperation.”
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Trump shows off New US Air Force Logo he designed (Photos)
- Leah Sharibu forced to accept Islam, gives birth for Boko Haram commander
- How i raped an epileptic girl inside Bush after threatening her with Gun – Nigerian hunter
- How I slept with my Son and Later got Pregnant for Him – Nigerian Woman
- Nigerian man arrested for sexually abusing his Little Daughter and Son – Abuja (photos)