The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has called on the new Governor of Imo State, Senator Hope Uzodimma, to vacate the state seat of power, a.k.a., Douglas House, insisting that he did not win the governorship election held last year.
The group said, on Saturday, that election is not rocket science for a person that came fourth to suddenly become the first.
The Supreme Court had, on Tuesday, nullified the election of Emeka Ihedioha of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as governor of the state and declared Uzodinma of the All Progressives Congress (APC), as the winner the March 9, 2019 governorship election.
According to the unanimous judgement read by Justice Kudirat Kekere-Ekun, the apex court ruled that results in 388 polling units were unlawfully excluded in the course of collation of the final election result in the state.
Kekere-Ekun said that with the addition of the results, Uzodinma polled a majority of the votes cast and ought to have been declared the winner of the said election by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Confirming an earlier protest held yesterday (Saturday), by IPOB members in Imo State, the group’s Media and Publicity Secretary, Comrade Emma Powerful, said that the protest was a way of calling the government to order.
He described the Supreme Court ruling that declared Uzodinma as a kangaroo judgement.
Comrade Powerful told News Express: “We cannot accept a judgement that declared a fourth position winner of an election. That judgement is a kangaroo judgement and Imo people will not accept it.
“Imo State is our land, it’s a Biafra land. We don’t want Hausa Fulani government here. They should leave our land alone for us.
“If they don’t want Ihedioha as the governor of the state, then they should call for a fresh election, rather than using the court to hijack governance.”
WATCH VIDEO BELOW:
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Buhari is dead and buried in a shallow grave in Saudi Arabia – Nnamdi kanu
- My Husband urinates on the bed and keep blaming our Son – Nigerian woman
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)
- Inside Buhari’s Government, Ministers and Aides fighting against Each Other – Jackson Ude
- Don’t Date a Girl who cannot Pay her Transport fare to come to see you – Nigerian Lady Advises Men
- Women cheat more than Men – White Lady (video)