The Supreme Court has annulled the election of Emeka Ihedioha as the governor of Imo state. The seven-member panel of justices today held that hedioha was not duly elected as governor.
The apex court declared Hope Uzodinma of the APC as the winner of the March 9th 2019 governorship election.
In the lead judgement which was read by Justice Kudirat Kekere-Ekun, the apex court ordered that the certificate of return issued to Ihedioha be immediately withdrawn and a fresh certificate of return should be issued to Uzodinma. The court also directed that Uzodinma must be immediately sworn in as Governor.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- PHOTOS: Meet Francesco, The Only Human being With Three Legs And Two Male Organs
- How can FG Rehabilitate arrested Boko Haram Terrorists instead of Punishing them?
- We will give $3 million award to anyone who will help us kill Donald Trump – Iran Lawmakers
- About 6 people have died from coronavirus in China, 300 infected – Reports
- Boko Haram finally kills the Nigerian Pastor “CAN chairman” (photos)