According to a source, The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibadan zonal office, on Tuesday, arrested a fake native doctor, Fatai Olalere Aliu, who was alleged to be notorious for duping people under the guise of possessing spiritual power to solving their problems.
Aliu was arrested by the operatives of the Commission during a raid on his abode at Kisumu Estate at Odo-Ona Elewe of Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.
Before his eventual arrest, the Commission had worked on several intelligence reports linking him to a series of fraud allegations involving large sums of money.
He was also accused of engaging in money doubling through which he would collect money from his victims with the promise of using his spiritual powers to multiply the sums for them, but would instead divert same to his personal use.
The raid led EFCC operatives to his shrines located in a thick forest around the Ibadan-Ijebu-Ode Expressway and Kobomoje area of the town where frightening voodoo items were sighted.
Items recovered from the suspect include three exotic cars – two Toyota Corolla and Honda Pilot.
He also has in his possession three luxurious buildings within Ibadan and land documents which were also recovered as exhibits. The suspect is said to be currently undergoing interrogation at the commission’s zonal office in Ibadan.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Boko Haram attacks Adamawa state, Many feared Dead
- Indian man makes Donald Trump status, worships it as his God (video)
- Meet the Nigerian Governor who has been Governing his state from Abuja since 2019
- Abba Kyari vs Monguno: Buratai withdraws Soldiers working with National security Adviser
- Boko Haram Bill is satanic and unconstitutional, An Invitation to another Civil War – Human Rights
- Oluwo gets 6 months suspension for threatening to destroy fellow Traditional Ruler
- Boko Haram Bill is a Plot to grant amnesty to Boko Haram – Ohanaeze
- God is Punishing the North with Insurgency for killing 2 million Igbos During Biafra war – Ohanaeze Replies Sultan of sokoto
- Court Orders DSS to Probe Bayelsa Deputy Governor
- Senator Ndume Rejects Boko Haram Bill, says’ It will Encourage people to Join Boko Haram