A notorious serial fraudster identified as Ramon Oshodi, who is well known for hacking into peoples’ bank accounts through their phones, Automated Teller Machine, ATM, cards and their Facebook accounts has been arrested by the Lagos state Police command.
According to the police, the 27-year-old was arrested on Thursday June 27th by a team of Anti-Crime Patrol attached to Mushin Police Station, Olosan-Mushin, Lagos, after he had successfully swindled his victims to the tune of N4.5 million.
He was on a motorcycle at 7:30a.m when he was stopped by policemen who conducted a search on him and found on him, five ATM cards and SIM cards belonging to different individuals on him. Also found on him was N91,000 cash.
When interrogated, Oshodi narrated how he hacks into his victim’s bank account and steals their money.
According to him, whenever he steals any of his victim’s phone, he removes the SIM cards, works on them and, thereafter, hacks into their bank accounts. He told the police that he buys stolen phones and ATM cards from the ghetto at Akala-Idioro, Mushin.
He also revealed to the police that he hacks into people’s bank accounts through his access to their Facebook accounts after getting their date of birth, which some of the victims used for their various bank accounts.
Oshodi upon his arrest, has been arraigned before a Lagos Magistrate’s Court sitting at Ikeja, Ogba on a seven-count charge of conspiracy, breach of peace, fraud, stealing, receiving of stolen properties and unlawful possession of ATM cards.
Subscribe for daily updates.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- IPOB sends serious warning to Ijaw youths for threatening to beat IPOB members in Bayelsa
- Iran wants to Negotiate with US, but they want their Sanctions Removed, No thanks! – Trump
- Trump shows off New US Air Force Logo he designed (Photos)
- Leah Sharibu forced to accept Islam, gives birth for Boko Haram commander
- How i raped an epileptic girl inside Bush after threatening her with Gun – Nigerian hunter