Kelechi Iheanacho kept up his impressive FA Cup scoring record to strike early as Leicester City edged Brentford 1-0 at Griffin Park to progress to the last 16 of a competition they have never won.
The 23-year-old Nigerian rounded off an excellent three-man move begun by Dennis Praet’s pinpoint through ball after four minutes to record his ninth goal in as many starts in the competition.
Brentford’s defeat ensured that, with a move to their new ground scheduled for next season, this was the final cup game after 116 years at the tumbledown stadium.
Any chance of an upset was effectively ended by Brentford manager Thomas Frank’s decision to field a second team ahead of a key Championship game against promotion rivals Nottingham Forest on Tuesday.
Leicester, who play Aston Villa in a League Cup semi-final on the same day, also rested players and had to negotiate several uneasy moments.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Female student Caught on camera, giving male classmate a Lap dance (video)
- Buhari is the problem of Nigeria not the Solution, He should also create ministry of Boko Haram – Reno Omokri
- Senate does not create Agency for Widows and Orphans of killed soldiers, But only for Boko Haram – Reno Omokri
- African Pastor caught Having $€x with his church member in a Hotel Room (video)
- European union threatens to Ban Nigerians from Travelling to European Countries
- Nigeria Senate introduces bill to create agency for repentant Boko Haram members
- Buhari is dead and buried in a shallow grave in Saudi Arabia – Nnamdi kanu
- My Husband urinates on the bed and keep blaming our Son – Nigerian woman
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO