A Delta State Divisional Police Officer kidnapped along Benin-Asaba Expressway on Friday August 9, has been released after reportedly paying a N3m ransom.
The DPO said to be in-charge of Galilee Police Station at Ute-Ogbeje community in Ika North East Local Government Area of the state was identified as Mr Okoro, and he was reportedly whisked to an unknown location by the kidnappers who abducted him after shooting indiscriminately.
A source at the police command’s headquarters in Asaba, told Punch that the DPO regained his freedom after paying N3m on Sunday August 11.
However the Commissioner of Police Delta State, Mr. Adeyinka Adeleke denied the claim while stating that the police does not support payment of ransom to kidnappers. He further disclosed that the kidnapped DPO is his friend.
- Iranian Leaders should Abandon Terrorism and Make Iran Great Again – Trump
- Trump warns Iranian Leader to be careful of his words, says’ Your Economy is crashing
- Nigeria debt has risen to ₦26.215 trillion – Debt Management Office
- Nigerian Female student commits suicide for being expelled from school – Ukraine (photos)
- Impeachment Trial: Trump Hires Powerful Lawyers to defend him at the Senate