A Kenyan lawmaker, Kwale woman Representative, Zulekha Hassan was on Wednesday ordered out of the National Assembly for disrupting a parliamentary session.
The legislator was kicked out of the chambers after she walked in with a baby.
Speaker of the National Assembly Hon. Chris Omulele, MP Luanda termed move as unprecedented.
The Kwale Woman Rep said she had an emergency that’s why she came to parliament with the baby and suggested that a mother’s room be put in place to curb such situations.
“I have tried really hard not to come with the baby, but today I had an emergency; what was I supposed to do? … If there was a room, a thresh or a nursery room, I’d be able to then put my baby,” said Zulekha.
She said, “Today, I had an emergency, what was I supposed to do? Miss parliament? That’s why I just came with her. I knew I would be staying here just for a while and later when my situation is better, I would go. But if there was a room or a creche or nursery, I would then be able to put my baby there.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW;
- Supreme Court have penetrated Imo state with their evil plans and inhuman policies – Imo General Assembly
- AFC bans Iran from hosting international football competitions
- Davido and Chioma Unfollows Each Other On Instagram over cheating scandal (photos)
- Buhari should Arrest all the Yoruba Leaders Behind “Operation Amotekun” – Miyetti Allah
- PHOTOS: Buhari arrives London