A fully loaded luxury bus belonging to Young Shall Grow Motors commuting passengers from Enugu to Lagos, caught fire at Igbariam Axis of Enugu-Onitsha express way.
According to some of the passengers, the fire started from an overheated tyre.
They narrated how the driver stopped to check which of the tyres, just for the vehicle to get engulfed by fire as a result of combustion from the heated tyres.
Efforts made to put out the fire by members of Federal Road Safety Corps and other good spirited individuals was to no avail, as the whole bus was razed.
Thankfully, all the passengers escaped with their luggages from the vehicle and no life was lost.
Hence, the incident caused a temporary commotion along the express, with private and commercial vehicles scampering to safety.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Buhari Government is working with Boko Haram to kill Christians – CAN
- Amotekun: Self Defense Is International Human Rights – Atiku
- How can Governors setup “Amotekun” when they have not paid Minimum wage ? – Junaid Mohammed
- Imo state: 9 Lawmakers defects to APC, Deputy speaker Resigns
- Oxford Adds Okada, Tokunbo, Danfo, Mama Put, 25 other Nigerian words In Dictionary (read)