The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has asked the Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government to declare the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) a terrorist organisation.
In a communique released to newsmen, Samson Ayokunle, CAN president, condemned the killing of Andimi and other Christians across Nigeria.
“Nigeria is under a siege orchestrated by the murderous blood-thirsty and criminally-minded Boko Haram terrorists, Fulani terrorist herdsmen, bandits and kidnappers who are all armed to the teeth, dressed in army uniforms, and gradually overwhelming our security agencies,” the communique read.
“They have been going around invading predominantly Christian villages and towns, killing and maiming our youths and elders, men and women; raping our women and daughters, decapitating children and disemboweling pregnant women, and subjecting people to coldblooded murder.”
On Miyetti Allah
The CAN president accused herdsmen under the platform of Miyetti Allah of killings of Christians in some northern communities.
He recalled that Fulani herdsmen were in Aghatu land in Benue State and other predominantly Christian communities; killing and maiming their victims.
“As if that were not enough, the Miyetti Allah the Fulani herdsmen have claimed responsibility for the killings and justifying their actions. In other instances, they disown the killers, telling us that there are other herdsmen who are not their members but who also register with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
“These terrorists have not hidden their goal to Islamise Nigeria and that is what they have in common with the Fulani herdsmen. They have turned the North-East geo-political zone, especially, Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe, into killing fields.
“The Federal government should either label the Miyetti Allah Fulani Association a terrorist organisation as being regarded in the terror index. The Federal Government should order the arrest of the leadership of the Miyetti Allah Groups in who are sponsoring and perpetuating the crime of Nigeria and prosecute them for all the killings in Southern Kaduna, Benue, Plateau, and Taraba states, among others.”
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)
- Inside Buhari’s Government, Ministers and Aides fighting against Each Other – Jackson Ude
- Don’t Date a Girl who cannot Pay her Transport fare to come to see you – Nigerian Lady Advises Men
- Women cheat more than Men – White Lady (video)
- Nigerian Man makes his own Vehicle, test-runs it in Lagos (photos)
- Lawmakers vs Innoson: Foreign Cars permitted but Foreign Rice not permitted – Shehu Sani