A Nigerian woman, Mallama Amina Suleiman, has narrated how her neighbour beat her pulp until she lost her sight for rejecting proposed private affairs.
According to reports, Mrs Suleiman, a mother of four, who lost her husband few years back, said that one of her neighbours proposed to her after the demise of her husband, who was working with Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu as security officer, but refused.
She said she was beaten mercilessly over her rejection.
“When I rejected his demand, he used belt against me and hit my eyes. It was only one eye that was affected but later on I completely lost my sight,” she narrated.
In the meantime, the blind widow, who is based in Pompomari Loto Area of Damaturu, Yobe State, has appealed to security operatives to help her investigate and recover her husband’s statutory benefit she was duped of.
According to her, the late husband’s statutory benefit was released to her but a friend of him collected the money in the name of buying plot for the children.
She said, “After he failed to acquire the plot, I reported the case to court but he won because there was no witness when I gave him the money.”
She explained further that she resorted to street begging to feed herself and the children and pleaded with relevant authorities to help her seek justice.
Meanwhile, the Yobe State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) has donated relief materials to the widow.
Other individuals and human rights authorities also supported the woman and pledged to intervene on her case.
Police sources at Maisandari Police Division in Damaturu have said investigation on the widow’s complaint was ongoing, adding that the accused would be summoned afterward.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Police arrests couple for posting a video of the husband brushing his wife’s hair (video)
- Amotekun: Miyetti Allah is sick, they should go to T.B Joshua for Deliverance – Fani Kayode
- Nigeria does not exist in our consciousness, It must break up whether we like it or not – Remi Oyeyemi
- US troops blocks Russian Forces from entering Syria Oil Field (video)
- Exposed: How Uzodimma paid supreme court “₦2.5 billion” to declare him Governor of Imo state – Journalist