Customers who use unstructured supplementary service data (USSD) channels to access banking services would have to pay new charges from October 21.
Some telecommunications network service providers have sent notices to their customers of the new charge.
“Please note that from Oct 21, we will charge N4 per 20 seconds for USSD access to banking services. Thank you,” a notification sent by MTN to customers read.
Already, the development has elicited reactions from customers and they have taken to social media to express how they feel on social media.
Some customers went as far as sending messages to their banks for further information on the charges.
Some banks have responded saying their charges remain unchanged.
“Our fees and charges on the USSD service remain unchanged and all our services are available,” Access Bank’s Twitter account replied a customer.
MINISTER OF COMMUNICATION REACTS:
In a statement that was released on Sunday, the Minister of communications said it was not aware of such charges.
Recall that some customers on Sunday, received text messages from their service providers which read that those who use unstructured supplementary service data (USSD) channels to access banking services would have to pay new charges from October 21.
“Please note that from Oct 21, we will charge N4 per 20 seconds for USSD access to banking services. Thank you,” However, Dr. Isa Ibrahim Pantami has ordered the immediate suspension of said charges until the Ministry is fully and properly briefed Read full statement below.
Here are some of the reactions from Twitter.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Allowing Miyetti Allah to join Amotekun is like Recruiting Demons into an Army of Angels – Fani Kayode
- Bandits kills Man, Rapes his Daughter, abducts his wife in Delta state
- Trump please come and save us, Nigeria’s situation has gone beyond prayers – Nigerian Pastor
- 25 Repentant Boko Haram Members From Niger Republic, Arrives Nigeria (photos)
- Bleaching your skin has nothing to do with the Kingdom of God – Etinosa
- Ohanaeze blasts Buratai for planning to Recruit Youths to fight Boko Haram, says’ count Igbos out
- Drinking milk increases the risk of breast cancer in women – Study
- Anyone who thinks Buhari is in charge of his Government is fooling Himself – Pa Adebanjo
- Fulani herdsmen storms Benue state with Guns and over 4,000 Cows
- Nigerian Boy beats up his Girl friend, bites her breast