The Ondo State Command of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency has arrested a 95-year-man, James Salihu, for allegedly dealing in Indian hemp.
It was gathered on Wednesday that the suspect was arrested by detectives from the state command of the agency in Supare Akoko in the Akoko South West Local Government Area of the state.
A source at the command stated that the suspect was apprehended following a tip-off by some members of the community.
“Salihu is a notorious drug addict and he has been operating in that community for many years without being caught, but this time, he could not escape being arrested by the NDLEA officers,” the source said.
It was, however, gathered that the nonagenarian was not in a good condition of health, which made the command to grant him an administrative bail with a doctor detailed to monitor and attend to him.
The source insisted that the suspect would be prosecuted in accordance with the law.
“He (Salihu) will be transferred to Akure as soon as his health condition is stable for onward prosecution inthe court of law. Nobody is above the law irrespective of their age, sex or social class. He has been arrested for a criminal offence and it is only the court that can pronounce him guilty or otherwise,” the source stated.
In his reaction, the state Commander of the NDLEA, Mr Haruna Gagara, who confirmed the development, described the suspect as an irresponsible old man, who failed to live an exemplary life worthy of emulation by the younger ones.
The commander added that the suspect would be prosecuted as soon as he was confirmed fit by the medical doctor.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Allowing Miyetti Allah to join Amotekun is like Recruiting Demons into an Army of Angels – Fani Kayode
- Bandits kills Man, Rapes his Daughter, abducts his wife in Delta state
- Trump please come and save us, Nigeria’s situation has gone beyond prayers – Nigerian Pastor
- 25 Repentant Boko Haram Members From Niger Republic, Arrives Nigeria (photos)
- Bleaching your skin has nothing to do with the Kingdom of God – Etinosa
- Ohanaeze blasts Buratai for planning to Recruit Youths to fight Boko Haram, says’ count Igbos out
- Drinking milk increases the risk of breast cancer in women – Study
- Anyone who thinks Buhari is in charge of his Government is fooling Himself – Pa Adebanjo
- Fulani herdsmen storms Benue state with Guns and over 4,000 Cows
- Nigerian Boy beats up his Girl friend, bites her breast