The Governor of Sokoto state, Aminu Tambuwal, in his New year Message released by his spokesman, Muhammad Bello in Abuja says, Nigerians are one, indivisible entity ordained by Allah.
“I have said it times without number that Nigeria and Nigerians are one indivisible entity ordained by Allah.
“Any contrived or accidental attempts to foist disunity among Nigerians can only last but some moments.
“Christianity, Islam, animism and other shades of religious beliefs are disparate expressions of our collective strive to be close to our creator.
“None of the beliefs diminish our togetherness as human beings subsisting under one nation with common destiny.
“I am confident that as we move into the New Year, we shall surmount, as we have done countless times, all the challenges staring us in the face and putting us at daggers drawn with tolerance and understanding,” the governor explained.
“While wishing Christian brethren a merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year, he admonished them to reflect on the blessings of the outgoing year and pray for good tidings in the coming year.
“As I am confident that you and I will weather through whatever storm is gathering, I enjoin you to be steadfast in your resolve to ensure that the rule of law and good governance are not truncated.
“I pray to Allah to make us more united to confront the menace of insurgency, cultism, banditry and all manners of crimes and criminality.”
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- WEF2020: Since my election, America has gained over 7 MILLION new Jobs – Trump
- PHOTOS: Meet Francesco, The Only Human being With Three Legs And Two Male Organs
- How can FG Rehabilitate arrested Boko Haram Terrorists instead of Punishing them?
- We will give $3 million award to anyone who will help us kill Donald Trump – Iran Lawmakers
- About 6 people have died from coronavirus in China, 300 infected – Reports