A Nigerian police officer has reportedly shot a commercial Truck driver to death for refusing to give him N100 bribe, including a passenger in another Bus who raised alarm.
According to the source, the truck driver was stopped by the police officer who, along with some other officers, were on a stop and search duty.
The officer asked for a N100 bribe but the truck driver refused to give him. There was an exchange of words and the the policeman shoots him in the head. The driver died instantly.
Facebook user, Mercy-Blossom Oyisi, who witnessed the incident wrote;
“Something happened not quite long, I’ve always heard about it but never experienced it. A police man killed a truck driver because of #100, the Hausa guys around started shooting randomly because one of them was killed, we ran into the bush when we started hearing gunshots.
There are dead people due to the shooting between the Hausa guys and the police men. One mama in our bus was shot while we were running. I’ve not recovered, still shivering.
Because of #100 o, how are some people different from animals? “
WATCH VIDEO BELOW:
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Trump wins impeachment Pool, He cannot be impeached (photos)
- Big Sea turtle caught in Bayelsa state River (photos)
- Imo: Buhari sends message to PDP over protests
- APC blasts PDP for protesting against Supreme Court, says’ it is a threat to Nigeria Democracy
- Bayelsa is not part of Biafra, IPOB members caught holding meeting will be beaten – Ijaw Youths