Hajiya Jummai Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, the only surviving wife of first Prime Minister, late Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, is reportedly dead.
The Nation gathered that she was taken to India to seek medical attention for her heart disease before she was later discharged some days ago.
It was further learnt the late Hajiya Jummai died in Lagos in the early hours of Sunday after a protracted illness.
Granddaughter of the late Prime Minister, Hajiya Hajara Yakubu Wanka, confirmed the development.
She said Jummai died of cardiac arrest.
Wanka said the deceased had stopped over in Lagos to rest before returning to Bauchi.
According to her, she passed away in the early hours of Sunday after she went into a coma.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- APC was created to fight poverty – Osinbajo
- How Fulani Herdsmen attacked me in my Farm, shot at me – Ortom, Governor of Benue
- Femi Adesina is sick for saying that Insecurity has reduced under Buhari – Fani Kayode
- Exclusive: Catholic Bishop spotted on Okada – Enugu state (photos)
- PHOTOS: 60 year old woman gets married for the first time – Anambra state