The Speaker of the House of Representatives Rt. Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila has said that Nigeria will remain one indivisible nation no matter the challenges confronting the country.
The Speaker, who spoke when he received the Arewa Youth Forum in his office on Thursday, said the older generation of Nigerians have done their best to keep the country on track, calling on the younger generation to take over the mantle.
Gbajabiamila said the doors of the 9th National Assembly would be open to all Nigerians, especially the youth, adding that the House would be glad to partner with the Arewa Youth Forum on issues that would bring development to the country.
While promising further engagements with the Nigerian youth, the Speaker said: “The 9th House is all about unity, which you captured in your speech. We are one united country, and we should continue to remain as one.
“There are many naysayers out there, but I don’t believe we should break; I believe we should remain as one. We have so many things to remain united for. We have a lot of mineral resources. It is for us to harness them.
”We’re here for you. The 9th Assembly operates an open door policy. We will be happy to receive you at any point in time,” the Speaker said, and thanked the forum for the visit. He said.
- Bus conductor and passenger fights and fall inside dirty gutter over N100 (video)
- I am the Elected senator for Anambra south, Not Ifeanyi Ubah – Obinna Uzoh
- I will be coming back to Nigeria for my Parent’s Burial – Nnamdi Kkanu
- PHOTOS: Buhari Travels to London
- Nigerian Soldiers attacks Bayelsa Community Burns Houses (photos)