According to channels Tv, The Nigerian AirForce has destroyed Boko Haram base in Sambisa Forest, Borno State, following the air strikes being conducted by the Air Task Force of Operation LAFIYA DOLE under Operation GREEN SWEEP 3.
In a press release and Ariel videos made available by the Director Airforce I Formation and Public Relations Air Commodore Ibukunle Daramola, says that the destruction of a Boko Haram Terrorists Logistics Base/Assembly Area occurred at Bula Bello on the fringes of the Sambisa Forest.
The operation according to him was executed on the 22 August 2019, after Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance missions revealed that the settlement was being used by Boko Haram elements as a staging area to launch attacks against own troops.
Consequently, the ATF dispatched 2 Alpha Jets and an Mi-35M helicopter to attack the identified buildings within the settlement.
Air Commodore Daramola further stated several Boko Haram fighters were seen within the settlement and “The 2 Alpha Jets therefore took turns attacking the target area, scoring direct hits on the desired points of impact”.
According to him, the structures were damaged by the strikes while several of the terrorists were neutralized and the few surviving fighters were taken out in follow-on strikes by the MI-35M attack helicopter.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Imo: Buhari sends message to PDP over protests
- APC blasts PDP for protesting against Supreme Court, says’ it is a threat to Nigeria Democracy
- Bayelsa is not part of Biafra, IPOB members caught holding meeting will be beaten – Ijaw Youths
- PDP Protest: Ihedioha, Abaribe, Secondus, Obi protests against supreme court – Abuja (video)
- How i killed my girlfriend after i got her pregnant