Yul Edochie has reacted to the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal verdict which struck out Atiku Abubakar and People’s Democratic Party’s petition of President Muhammadu Buhari not being qualified to contest in the 2019 Presidential election over his educational qualification.
The tribunal had in its ruling said that Mr Buhari’s certificate from the Nigerian military is higher than the Secondary School certificate which is the minimum academic requirement for the election in the constitution.
“Mr Buhari is not only qualified but is eminently qualified” for the election, chairman of the Court of Appeal panel said.
Reacting to the tribunal’s judgement, Yul Edochie recounted how he had to attach all his certificates up to his university degree to his form when he contested in the 2017 Anambra Governorship election.
The Nollywood actor queried the Nigerian judiciary on the verdict which meant he doesn’t need those certificates to become the President, which is the highest political office in the country.
When I ran for Governor I had to gather all my certificates up to my University degree and attach them to my form. Now you people are telling me I don’t even need those certificates to be President??? The highest office in the country? Chai! Nigerian judiciary diaris God oo!
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Nigerian man arrested for sexually abusing his Little Daughter and Son – Abuja (photos)
- Buhari created Boko Haram, He cannot defeat Himself – Fani Kayode
- I can’t stop saying the Truth, I fear Nobody, I have 4 Lions in Me – Fani Kayode
- Police shoots Iraqis protesting against US military Presence in Iraq, 4 dead (photos)
- Trump Defense team already winning the Impeachment Trial, Hits back on Democrats (read)