A Nigerian young Man, Chukwuemeka Akachi has killed himself, just hours after he wrote a suicide post on Facebook. Akachi’s penultimate Facebook post was on his struggles with mental health, but few took it seriously.
“Forgive me. In case you are the one who found the body, I am really sorry. It had to be someone, you know. I have chosen Jo Nketaih’s poem as my suicide note: “They said you came looking for me. I didn’t drown; I was the water.” Where do atheists go to when they die? lol. Amen”.
“My mental health has been on life support for a while now. Thanks to those who call. Text. Visit. Speak to me. May we always remember. May we never forget. You may have added a few hours, months or days to my time here. But you know life support is expensive right? Thanks for trying. Amen.”
Mental health problems often go untreated as a result of the lack of understanding, and stigma. There is need for everyone in our communities and societies to be conscious and remember that we are all vulnerable to depression, and thus should be supportive of friends, colleagues, family members going through the most in life – thisafrica.me
- Iranian chess ref who Lives in Russia, says’ I will Never go back to my country
- Bus conductor and passenger fights and fall inside dirty gutter over N100 (video)
- I am the Elected senator for Anambra south, Not Ifeanyi Ubah – Obinna Uzoh
- I will be coming back to Nigeria for my Parent’s Burial – Nnamdi Kkanu
- PHOTOS: Buhari Travels to London