President Muhammadu Buhari has called on Nigerians to eschew bad behaviour and remain law-abiding in their daily endeavours.
In his nationwide broadcast at Nigeria’s 59th Independence Anniversary on Tuesday, the president said the change Nigerians desire could only come from good conduct.
“This change can only be delivered if we are united in purpose, as individuals and as a nation. We must all remain committed to achieving this positive and enduring change,”
“Change does not just happen… We must change our lawless habits, our attitude to public office and public trust… simply put, to bring about change, we must change ourselves by being law-abiding citizens.”
Nigeria attained its independence from Britain on October 1, 1960, joining a new wave of free nations across Africa and Asia of that era. The freedom significantly reduced the influence of Britain as a world power, as it marked a critical point in the winding down of centuries of colonialism.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- US drinking water contaminated with chemicals
- Boy kills his mother and Twin Brothers, then goes back to school as if nothing happened
- We will Not allow US to assassinate Iranian new Quds Force commander – Russia
- Obama drops Bombshell, Moves to Intervene in 2020 US Election
- Biafra: Facebook Has Republished my Page – Nnamdi Kanu (photos)