Former Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Timi Frank, on Thursday, described the 2020 budget proposal President Muhammadu Buhari presented to the National Assembly as a “scam.”
“Nigerians should prepare for tough times ahead of 2020 budget circle.
“what the President submitted to the National Assembly showed that not only will Nigerians be heavily taxed, fuel subsidy will be completely removed while social investment programme will cease to exist.
“The 2020 budget presented had nothing in stock for the common man.
“Nigerians should observe that since the APC’s administration came in 2015, “national budgets have been increased annually but without concomitant positive effects on the lives of ordinary Nigerians.”
“The National Assembly under the leadership of Senator Ahmed Lawan and Femi Gbajabiamila should tell Nigerians the implementation level of the 2019 budget.
“After careful study, I have concluded that this 2020 budget is more or less a scam. It is not meant to rescue Nigerians from the current economic hardship that has sent more than 94 millions to below poverty line.
“It is a document without fuel subsidy, social investment scheme but a very high level of taxes. So, I urge Nigerians to prepare for the worst.
“Unfortunately, the country will miss the 8th National Assembly under Senator Bukola Saraki and Hon. Yakubu Dogara, who resisted many anti-people policies which would have scaled through against the express wish of Nigerians. Under the current NASS, it will, most definitely, be a ‘yes sir’ kind of National Assembly,” Frank said.
‘President Buhari should tell the world why the country does not have a new refinery since the partial removal of fuel subsidy by his administration and what has happened with the recovered loot since 2015?
“Since the partial removal of fuel subsidy, the APC’s government has not stopped borrowing money both locally and internationally to fund yearly budgets just as Nigerians are yet to see the new refinery promised by government.”
“The more increase in the annual budget, the more poverty in the land.
“The proposed 7.5 per cent VAT to fund education, health and infrastructure is another bogus tactics by the APC’s government to further compound the hardship of suffering citizens.”
“Even those who were used for the re-election of the APC administration in 2019 are already regretting their actions and participation secretly.”
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Allowing Miyetti Allah to join Amotekun is like Recruiting Demons into an Army of Angels – Fani Kayode
- Bandits kills Man, Rapes his Daughter, abducts his wife in Delta state
- Trump please come and save us, Nigeria’s situation has gone beyond prayers – Nigerian Pastor
- 25 Repentant Boko Haram Members From Niger Republic, Arrives Nigeria (photos)
- Bleaching your skin has nothing to do with the Kingdom of God – Etinosa
- Ohanaeze blasts Buratai for planning to Recruit Youths to fight Boko Haram, says’ count Igbos out
- Drinking milk increases the risk of breast cancer in women – Study
- Anyone who thinks Buhari is in charge of his Government is fooling Himself – Pa Adebanjo
- Fulani herdsmen storms Benue state with Guns and over 4,000 Cows
- Nigerian Boy beats up his Girl friend, bites her breast