Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has apologized for threatening the children of the Abia State Commissioner of Police, Ene Okon and other Nigerian officials.
Recall that Nnamdi Kanu had few days ago threatened that his group will hunt down the children of Okon, and other police officers should they bring any harm to members of the pro-Biafra group during his parents’ burial which is billed to take place on February 14th.
“This Friday, mourners in Biafra will come together to attend the funeral for my beloved parents, Eze Israel Okwu Kanu and Ugoeze Sally Nmenme Kanu.
“During this time of mourning, the Indigenous People of #Biafra are living in a constant state of fear.
“The Abia State Commissioner of Police is threatening to disrupt the funeral and there continues to be a large military presence in the area, which has a history of inflicting violence against the #IPOB
“This has caused a range of emotions for me. I have now gone from an extreme sense of sadness after losing both of my parents, to an extreme sense of anger knowing that the mourners are in grave danger.
“In this time of immense grieving and anger, I made threats against the children of the Police Commissioner and other Nigerian officials on my radio program, Radio Biafra.
“This was wrong and I sincerely apologize. Children should always be off limits.
“It was my intention to bring global awareness to the threats and imminent danger the Government has placed on my family and community in hopes that shining a global spotlight on the actions of the Government will prevent them from inciting violence against my people.
“In doing so, I went too far.
“It is my great hope that the Indigenous People of Biafra can mourn in peace on Friday and can live in peace every single day forward.”
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)
- Inside Buhari’s Government, Ministers and Aides fighting against Each Other – Jackson Ude
- Don’t Date a Girl who cannot Pay her Transport fare to come to see you – Nigerian Lady Advises Men
- Women cheat more than Men – White Lady (video)
- Nigerian Man makes his own Vehicle, test-runs it in Lagos (photos)
- Lawmakers vs Innoson: Foreign Cars permitted but Foreign Rice not permitted – Shehu Sani
- Lady Beats her Mother mercilessly After A Pastor Said she is A Witch (video)