The Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, in a statement posted on Facebook by “Biafra or Nothing” has explained how he escaped after the military attack in his home town in 2017 and Landed in Israel.
From Benin I traveled by road to Senegal, a distance of nearly 2,000 kilometers. Once in Senegal I was able to make arrangements to travel to Israel. None of these journeys was easy.
I was still in pain and the threat from Nigerian agents abroad never went away. When we stopped to rest on the road, I couldn’t go out. My world was shrunk to a room with a window, and sometimes not even that. I might as well have been in prison.
Benin, Togo, Ghana, Ivory Coast, all the countries I had to pass through rely economically on Nigeria, their governments corrupt enough to arrest me and send me back.
I had to stay silent, unknown. I couldn’t even tell my wife or family where I was, just in case they became targets. It was agonising to realise that they didn’t know if I was dead or alive.
Israel was a heaven for me, but it took over a year to get there, and only then did I feel confident enough to let my fellow IPOB family members and immediate family know I was safe.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Police arrests couple for posting a video of the husband brushing his wife’s hair (video)
- Amotekun: Miyetti Allah is sick, they should go to T.B Joshua for Deliverance – Fani Kayode
- Nigeria does not exist in our consciousness, It must break up whether we like it or not – Remi Oyeyemi
- US troops blocks Russian Forces from entering Syria Oil Field (video)
- Exposed: How Uzodimma paid supreme court “₦2.5 billion” to declare him Governor of Imo state – Journalist