The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Abia command, has advised parents to restrain their children and wards from engaging in acts capable of disrupting the peace in the community before and during the burial of the parents of leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.
The State Commandant of the organisation, Mr Nnamdi Nwannukwu, said this at a news briefing in Umuahia on Wednesday.
“I appeal to the family members and friends of the monarch to toe the path of peace in the quest to give him and his wife a befitting burial.
“At this point in time, the greatest honour they can give the deceased couple is to make their burial peaceful.
“The command will not fold its arm and watch those who are bent on causing trouble to have their way.
“Parents should therefore warn their children and wards to stay away from trouble,” Nwannukwu said.
The NSCDC boss however assured that the organisation will collaborate with other sister-security agencies to provide security at the burial.
He said that the command had been consulting with other sister-security agencies on how best to ensure a hitch-free event.
Recall that Kanu’s mother, Sally, and father, Eze Israel Kanu, the Traditional Ruler of Afaraukwu Ibeku, died in August and December 2019, respectively.
They will be buried on Friday in their country home in Umuahia North Local Government Area of Abia on Friday.
Nwannukwu said that the command would deploy its operatives, including himself, in the area to maintain the peace, law and order “before, during and after the burial”.
He said that the President General of the community, Chief Ikechukwu Ndubueze, had assured him of the community’s “resolve not to allow miscreants to infiltrate the community” to foment trouble during the burial.
The police command had alleged in a statement on Tuesday that IPOB was planning to “hijack” the burial in solidarity with its leader.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)
- Inside Buhari’s Government, Ministers and Aides fighting against Each Other – Jackson Ude
- Don’t Date a Girl who cannot Pay her Transport fare to come to see you – Nigerian Lady Advises Men
- Women cheat more than Men – White Lady (video)
- Nigerian Man makes his own Vehicle, test-runs it in Lagos (photos)
- Lawmakers vs Innoson: Foreign Cars permitted but Foreign Rice not permitted – Shehu Sani