According to media reports. Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo met with a group of Fulani group from the South-West in a bid to put an end to rising tensions in the region.O basanjo met with the GAN ALLAH FULANI DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (GAFDAN) from Southwestern states of Nigeria including Kogi and Kwara States.
The National Chairman of the Association, Sale Bayeri led the delegation. In attendance are, Publicity Secretary, Afenifere, Yinka Odumakin, a survivor of a recent kidnap incident and Son of the immediate past Minister of Health, Dayo Adewole.Obasanjo stated that there is criminality, insecurity in Nigeria, stressing that, the development wasn’t as terrible like its happening now before. He said Nigerians must interrogate themselves about various ugly things happening around them.
The former president maintains that Nigeria needs and wants peace, security, harmony wholesomeness, progress; which require all hands to be on deck.He added that the unity of Nigeria was the collective responsibility of all its people.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Our responsibility is to Remove Donald Trump – Hillary Clinton
- I was not elected to do small things or shy away from big problems – Donald Trump
- Trump and Israeli Prime minister meets, unveils Middle East Peace Plan Agreement
- Buhari was Re-Elected Because he is fighting Corruption and he is winning – Lai Mohammed
- Governor Lalong orders arrest of Fulani Herdsmen in Plateau state over attacks