Secretary to the Anambra state government, Prof. Solo Chukwubelu, who spoke on behalf of Governor Willie Obiano at an Anglican Prayer rally in the capital, said evil spirits have made the government house in Awka their home.
He did not indicate which rooms they occupy, but pleaded with Bishop of Ogbaru, Rev. Prosper Amah, who presided over the Prayer Rally to pray for the ejection of the evil spirits permanently, to allow government focus in providing service to the people.
“In the government House, the evil spirits come and go. We urge the church to pray hard to let them leave the government for good” Chukwubelu said.
The prayer rally with the theme “The Righteous shall Flourish like Palm Tree”, was held at the Dr. Alex Ekwueme Square, under the auspices of the Province of the Niger, Anglican Prayer Rally of Anambra State (APRAS) 2019.
Rev. Amah, in his sermon had said there are evil spirits in the society and also in the Government House, that come and go. However, the Archbishop, Province of Niger and Bishop, Dioceses of Awka, the Most Rev. Alexander Ibezim, put the evil spirits in human garb and declared that the evil spirits in the Government House are actually human beings.
He urged the governor to deal decisively with them to leave the State House.
“The government should fight evil spirits in the State house, while the church will fight those outside the Government House,”
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Live Updates: US senate Begins Trump Impeachment Trial – what you need to Know
- Buhari Government is working with Boko Haram to kill Christians – CAN
- Amotekun: Self Defense Is International Human Rights – Atiku
- How can Governors setup “Amotekun” when they have not paid Minimum wage ? – Junaid Mohammed
- Imo state: 9 Lawmakers defects to APC, Deputy speaker Resigns