Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State has warned herdsmen to stop crossing into the state armed with AK-47 rifles or be prepared for arrest and prosecution.
He also warned that any farm crop or crops destroyed by cattle must be paid for by the herder(s), as contained in the terms of reference handed to a cattle menace committee established by the state government.
Obiano, who spoke at a thanksgiving service organised by the lawmaker representing Orumba North/South federal constituency, Okwudili Ezenwankwo, declared that “if you cross into Anambra State with an AK-47, you will be arrested and if your cattle destroy a farm crop, you will pay for it, just as if you kill a cow, you will pay for it.”
Obiano further disclosed that he would soon launch Operation Kpachapu II to mop up all criminals in the state.
By Nwabueze Okonkwo
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Allowing Miyetti Allah to join Amotekun is like Recruiting Demons into an Army of Angels – Fani Kayode
- Bandits kills Man, Rapes his Daughter, abducts his wife in Delta state
- Trump please come and save us, Nigeria’s situation has gone beyond prayers – Nigerian Pastor
- 25 Repentant Boko Haram Members From Niger Republic, Arrives Nigeria (photos)
- Bleaching your skin has nothing to do with the Kingdom of God – Etinosa
- Ohanaeze blasts Buratai for planning to Recruit Youths to fight Boko Haram, says’ count Igbos out
- Drinking milk increases the risk of breast cancer in women – Study
- Anyone who thinks Buhari is in charge of his Government is fooling Himself – Pa Adebanjo
- Fulani herdsmen storms Benue state with Guns and over 4,000 Cows
- Nigerian Boy beats up his Girl friend, bites her breast