Herbert DeLaigle, 94, and Marilyn Frances DeLaigle, 88, got married in 1948 and died on Friday at a hospital in Waynesboro. According to WRDW Herbert died at 2.20am, and Marilyn Frances died exactly 12 hours later.
The couple met in a Waynesboro cafe back in 1947 where Marilyn was working.
‘Frances worked at a little cafe we had in Waynesboro named White Way Cafe. I kept seeing her going in and out, in and out and I had my eyes set on her. And then I finally got up the nerve to ask her if she would go out with me sometime’ Herbert DeLaigle said in a 2018 interview with WRDW.”
Marilyn DeLaigle went on to spend six years in Germany with her husband who served there during the Second World War. He served again in Korea and Vietnam before eventually retiring from the Army after 22 years of service. Together they had six children and a total of 16 grandchildren, 25 great-grandchildren and even three great-great-grandchildren
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- IPOB sends serious warning to Ijaw youths for threatening to beat IPOB members in Bayelsa
- Iran wants to Negotiate with US, but they want their Sanctions Removed, No thanks! – Trump
- Trump shows off New US Air Force Logo he designed (Photos)
- Leah Sharibu forced to accept Islam, gives birth for Boko Haram commander
- How i raped an epileptic girl inside Bush after threatening her with Gun – Nigerian hunter