Herbert DeLaigle, 94, and Marilyn Frances DeLaigle, 88, got married in 1948 and died on Friday at a hospital in Waynesboro. According to WRDW Herbert died at 2.20am, and Marilyn Frances died exactly 12 hours later.
The couple met in a Waynesboro cafe back in 1947 where Marilyn was working.
‘Frances worked at a little cafe we had in Waynesboro named White Way Cafe. I kept seeing her going in and out, in and out and I had my eyes set on her. And then I finally got up the nerve to ask her if she would go out with me sometime’ Herbert DeLaigle said in a 2018 interview with WRDW.”
Marilyn DeLaigle went on to spend six years in Germany with her husband who served there during the Second World War. He served again in Korea and Vietnam before eventually retiring from the Army after 22 years of service. Together they had six children and a total of 16 grandchildren, 25 great-grandchildren and even three great-great-grandchildren
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- 4 workers of French Christian NGO missing in Iraq
- Trump Becomes first U.S president to attend Anti-Abortion Rally in America
- “I will kill Trump tomorrow, you will see it” – man bags 5 years in Jail for threatening to kill Trump
- Nigerian man slaps someone to death in Anambra state (Photos)
- Britain is leaving European Union on Jan. 31st, I have signed the Agreement – Boris Johnson