The suspended controversial Rural Grazing Area settlement designed for Fulani herders has been reinvented and would be inaugurated by Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, in Adamawa State on Tuesday.
SaharaReporters gathered that five federal gazetted grazing reserves in the state were chosen to pilot the implementation because of its large Fulani herdsmen population.
However, Chairman of National Livestock Transformation Programme, Prof Alikidon Voh, said the move had nothing to do with RUGA.
Adamawa State deputy governor, Crowther Seth, convened a strategic meeting on Wednesday with traditional rulers, where he informed them of the development and urged them to support its implementation.
Seth said, “The Vice President will visit the state on September 10, 2019, to inaugurate the National Livestock Transformation Programme.
“The NLTP as you will soon see during the presentation, is a very laudable, non-political, non-religious non-ethnic and non-partisan plan that seeks to modernise livestock production.
“It is also to bring an end to the violence and fatal crises that engulfed some states of the country including Adamawa.”
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- APC blasts PDP for protesting against Supreme Court, says’ it is a threat to Nigeria Democracy
- Bayelsa is not part of Biafra, IPOB members caught holding meeting will be beaten – Ijaw Youths
- PDP Protest: Ihedioha, Abaribe, Secondus, Obi protests against supreme court – Abuja (video)
- How i killed my girlfriend after i got her pregnant
- Iraqis protests against Iran’s slave Regime, block Roads, demands Political change (video)