Leaders and supporters of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have staged a protest across the streets of Abuja over the recent verdict of the Supreme Court that sacked one of its governors, Emeka Ihedioha.
The party’s national chairman, Uche Secondus, on Friday, during the party’s emergency National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting stated that the aim of the protest was to impress it on Nigerians that injustice has been done to the party.
The Supreme Court had on January 14 nullified the electoral victory of Emeka Ihedioha, the PDP Imo State 2019 governorship candidate.
The apex court had held that the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Hope Uzodinma, was the duly elected governor of the state and ordered that he be sworn in as the governor of the state.
Some of the PDP leaders at the protest include the PDP National Chairman, Uche Secondus; the 2019 Vice-President candidate, Peter Obi; and the Senate Minority Leader, Enyinnaya Abaribe.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Buhari is the problem of Nigeria not the Solution, He should also create ministry of Boko Haram – Reno Omokri
- Senate does not create Agency for Widows and Orphans of killed soldiers, But only for Boko Haram – Reno Omokri
- African Pastor caught Having $€x with his church member in a Hotel Room (video)
- European union threatens to Ban Nigerians from Travelling to European Countries
- Nigeria Senate introduces bill to create agency for repentant Boko Haram members
- Buhari is dead and buried in a shallow grave in Saudi Arabia – Nnamdi kanu
- My Husband urinates on the bed and keep blaming our Son – Nigerian woman
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police