Operatives of the Economic and financial crime commission (EFCC), Ibadan zonal office, raided a Osogbo-based nightclub notorious for hosting parties for suspected internet fraudsters.
The raid led to the arrest of 94 suspects and confiscation of 19 exotic cars, laptops, scores of sophisticated mobile phones and other items.
Popularly known as ‘Club Secret Underground’, the nightclub is located on the Ibadan-Iwo Expressway of the Osun State capital.
The wee-hour operation was sequel to an intelligence report hinting that the suspected internet fraudsters were organising a night party for Sunday, October 13, during which some of them intended to celebrate their loots.
A discreet operation on the club had earlier been carried out to ascertain the authenticity of the intelligence.
The confirmation, therefore, led to the mega raid effected this morning.
The suspects are currently undergoing further interrogation, and would be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.
- Supreme Court have penetrated Imo state with their evil plans and inhuman policies – Imo General Assembly
- AFC bans Iran from hosting international football competitions
- Davido and Chioma Unfollows Each Other On Instagram over cheating scandal (photos)
- Buhari should Arrest all the Yoruba Leaders Behind “Operation Amotekun” – Miyetti Allah
- PHOTOS: Buhari arrives London