A catholic priest, Rev. Fr. Dr. Edmund Nwagbala of St. Peter’s Clever Catholic Church Odida Nnewichi, Nnewi has been burnt to death in his residence at night while sleeping,
According to Anaedoonline, The fire explosion was said to have started at 2:00 am on Saturday Morning, after the Priest returned to his residence around 1:00am.
The cause of the fire has not been ascertained, however, according to a parishioner who pleaded anonymity, the Priest was burned to death inside his room after a fire sudden explosion that started from his room.
Speaking he said, “According to the reports I got from those living inside the compound, the priest returned around 1am in the night, he came back from a short travel, the gateman opened the gate for him, around 2am, they heard an explosion inside the parish house, that appears to be like a bomb, while trying to figure out what was the problem, they heard a voice shouting help, when they came into the house, it noticed that Very Rev. Fr. Dr. Edmund Nwagbala room was inflames”
According to him, before they could arrive, the priest was already d**d.
Another parishioner, who also pleaded anonymity said that from observation, what led to the death of the priest was not a fire but a explosive device was either planted in his room or in a gift that might have been given to him from where he was coming from, since the fire didn’t go beyond the room.
At the time of writing the men of the Nigeria Police Force was already on ground to ascertain the cause of the incident.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Meet the Nigerian Governor who has been Governing his state from Abuja since 2019
- Abba Kyari vs Monguno: Buratai withdraws Soldiers working with National security Adviser
- Boko Haram Bill is satanic and unconstitutional, An Invitation to another Civil War – Human Rights
- Oluwo gets 6 months suspension for threatening to destroy fellow Traditional Ruler
- Boko Haram Bill is a Plot to grant amnesty to Boko Haram – Ohanaeze
- God is Punishing the North with Insurgency for killing 2 million Igbos During Biafra war – Ohanaeze Replies Sultan of sokoto
- Court Orders DSS to Probe Bayelsa Deputy Governor
- Senator Ndume Rejects Boko Haram Bill, says’ It will Encourage people to Join Boko Haram
- The world is laughing at Nigeria and weeping for us at the same time – Fani Kayode
- Nigerian Pastor arrested after prophesying the Location of a Missing woman’s Dead Body – Imo state