A young man identified as Powei Cyril narrowly escaped banishment from Igbedi community in Kolokuma Opokuma local government area of Bayelsa state for stealing solar light battery.
The suspect was caught carrying out the criminal act in the early hours of Tuesday October 5, at Royal Fm road, Agudama Epie by some vigilant members in the community.
He was subsequently stripped down to his underwear, given 50 strokes of cane and paraded around the community with a placard inscribed with his name and “profession”
According to a youth leader, Titus Asuevieme, the suspect wasn’t banished because it was his first criminal offence.
“This guy,Mr powei Cyril from igbedi community in kolokuma opokuma lga, residing in Agudama Epiewas caught stealing solar light battery in Royal Fm road Agudama Epie around 4:30Am he was given 50 strokes of the cane,he is not banished from the town cause this is he’s first criminal case,he has been”
More photos below.
- Afanifere National Secretary Arrested for obstructing Osinbajo’s Convoy – Lagos
- Iranian chess ref who Lives in Russia, says’ I will Never go back to my country
- Bus conductor and passenger fights and fall inside dirty gutter over N100 (video)
- I am the Elected senator for Anambra south, Not Ifeanyi Ubah – Obinna Uzoh
- I will be coming back to Nigeria for my Parent’s Burial – Nnamdi Kkanu