Risikat Olabintan A 30 year old woman has been arrested for throwing her new born baby into a pit in Ogun state.
She Said; ” I already have five children that I am struggling to cater for. My husband abandoned me with them. So, I did not need the sixth child and that was why I dumped him inside the soak-away as soon as I had him.
It was gathered that Olabintan, a resident of Ibukun Oluwapo Community Ishaga Surulere in Owode-Yewa threw her son into the pit shortly after birthing him on Sunday morning.
Fortunately, children who were playing later that day heard a baby’s cries from the pit located at the back of the compound and raised alarm.
It was gathered that community leaders who assembled by the pit, alerted the police at Owode-Yewa Division who moved to the scene and evacuated the newborn.
“At the time the baby was rescued, no one knew it was the woman’s. She secretly gave birth around 5am and threw the child into the pit. It was later that detectives discovered she was the mother of the baby and she was promptly arrested,” said Abimbola Oyeyemi, spokesman for Ogun Police Command.
The woman claimed she had no means of feeding all six children.
she was taken to the hospital together with the baby for medicare.
“The woman said the newborn was additional burden to her.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Live Updates: US senate Begins Trump Impeachment Trial – what you need to Know
- Buhari Government is working with Boko Haram to kill Christians – CAN
- Amotekun: Self Defense Is International Human Rights – Atiku
- How can Governors setup “Amotekun” when they have not paid Minimum wage ? – Junaid Mohammed
- Imo state: 9 Lawmakers defects to APC, Deputy speaker Resigns