The Nigerian police in Ogun state have arrested three herdsmen for allegedly killing a farmer Rafiu Sowemimo, 40.
The suspects, Muhammed Adamu, Saliu Ismail and Saliu Adamu allegedly killed Sowemimo on Sunday at Adao village in Alabata, Odeda Local Government Area of the state.
The suspects were said to have allowed their cattle stray into the farm of the deceased thereby destroying his crops, an action Sowemimo protested.
He was said to have accosted the herders, querying their destructive attitude which led to an altercation.
Angered by the confrontation, the herders were said to have stabbed Sowemimo dead.
Confirming the incident, police spokesman Abimbola Oyeyemi, a Deputy Superintendent (DSP) said the command received a distress call to the effect from villagers and deployed officers to the scene led by the Deputy Commissioners in charge of Operations and State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (SCIID).
“With information from the natives, they were able to arrest the three herders who perpetrated the heinous crime
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Live Updates: US senate Begins Trump Impeachment Trial – what you need to Know
- Buhari Government is working with Boko Haram to kill Christians – CAN
- Amotekun: Self Defense Is International Human Rights – Atiku
- How can Governors setup “Amotekun” when they have not paid Minimum wage ? – Junaid Mohammed
- Imo state: 9 Lawmakers defects to APC, Deputy speaker Resigns