Police in Oyo State have uncovered an Illegal detention camp in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital on Monday.
According to Vanguard, The camp, where scores of victims were rescued by the police, was discovered at Olore mosque, Ojoo area of the city.
The victims looked emaciated which suggests they might have been starved for several days.
Though the source said the cleric claimed he was rendering humanitarian service for the victims noting that they were mentally challenged, they suspected that there could be an ulterior motive.
He hinted that the suspect had been keeping the inmates for long. The discovery of the victims attracted a mammoth crowd who wanted to catch a glimpse of the suspect and victims.
When Vanguard called the Oyo State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Gbenga Fadeyi, he said was on a convoy and that he would talk as soon as he had the opportunity.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- While Amaechi is still denying attacks by bandits, his Chief Security Officer Suddenly dies
- Supreme Court Need to Put Itself on Trial – Bar. Raymond
- I will Destroy you – Oluwo threatens the King he assaulted (video)
- Obama is now trying to take credit for the Economic Boom under my Administration – Trump
- Urhobo Union reacts to Fulani Herdsmen attack in Delta state, says’ we will defend ourselves
- I am Beautiful but Men Run away from me – Single Lady Laments
- Amaechi Chief Security Officer Electrocuted in Kaduna (photos)
- Boko Haram killing of the CAN chairman is not Buhari’s Fault – Femi Adesina
- My Girlfriend Made me Eat Her A*s and Taste Her Shit
- Photos of Abacha’s ’40 year old’ Uncompleted Building Abandoned in Lagos