The Commissioner of Police in Imo State, Mr Rabiu Ladodo, has declared Insp. Okechukwu Nwanefi wanted for allegedly killing of 25-year-old Ikenna Ukachi to death in Umuokeh community, Obowo Local Government Area of the state.
Recall that the police inspector shot the young man dead at a popular restaurant in the area on Monday over a minor argument and fled the area. The killing triggered a massive outrage in the hitherto peaceful community. In a spontaneous reaction, the youth marched to Obowo Divisional Police Station and set it ablaze.
Speaking to newmen on Wednesday in Owerri, Ladodo disclosed that the command had commenced a manhunt for the killer cop.
He, therefore, advised the officer to willingly surrender himself to the command because he would eventually be apprehended.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Nigerian man arrested for sexually abusing his Little Daughter and Son – Abuja (photos)
- Buhari created Boko Haram, He cannot defeat Himself – Fani Kayode
- I can’t stop saying the Truth, I fear Nobody, I have 4 Lions in Me – Fani Kayode
- Police shoots Iraqis protesting against US military Presence in Iraq, 4 dead (photos)
- Trump Defense team already winning the Impeachment Trial, Hits back on Democrats (read)