The Lagos State police command on Friday arraigned a businesswoman and her brother, who allegedly beat up a pastor’s wife in an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court.
The police charged Faith, 34, and John, 20, who resides at Shasha, Lagos State, with five counts of assault, breach of peace, unlawful entry and conspiracy. They pleaded not guilty. The Prosecution Counsel, Inspector Victor Eruada told the court that the defendants committed the offence on June 19.
He said the defendants unlawfully entered the apartment of Pastor Solomon Ogwuche and beat up his wife, Helen and his brother, John during a disagreement. Eruada alleged that the defendants inflicted severe injuries on the pastor’s wife and her brother.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of sections 172, 168, 308, and 411 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2015 ans section 172 provides a three-year jail term for offenders.
The Chief Magistrate, Mr O.D. Njoku, admitted the defendants to bail in the sum of N50, 000 bails with two sureties each in like sum. Njoku adjourned the case until July 15, for mention.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Allowing Miyetti Allah to join Amotekun is like Recruiting Demons into an Army of Angels – Fani Kayode
- Bandits kills Man, Rapes his Daughter, abducts his wife in Delta state
- Trump please come and save us, Nigeria’s situation has gone beyond prayers – Nigerian Pastor
- 25 Repentant Boko Haram Members From Niger Republic, Arrives Nigeria (photos)
- Bleaching your skin has nothing to do with the Kingdom of God – Etinosa
- Ohanaeze blasts Buratai for planning to Recruit Youths to fight Boko Haram, says’ count Igbos out
- Drinking milk increases the risk of breast cancer in women – Study
- Anyone who thinks Buhari is in charge of his Government is fooling Himself – Pa Adebanjo
- Fulani herdsmen storms Benue state with Guns and over 4,000 Cows
- Nigerian Boy beats up his Girl friend, bites her breast