The Lagos State police command on Friday arraigned a businesswoman and her brother, who allegedly beat up a pastor’s wife in an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court.
The police charged Faith, 34, and John, 20, who resides at Shasha, Lagos State, with five counts of assault, breach of peace, unlawful entry and conspiracy. They pleaded not guilty. The Prosecution Counsel, Inspector Victor Eruada told the court that the defendants committed the offence on June 19.
He said the defendants unlawfully entered the apartment of Pastor Solomon Ogwuche and beat up his wife, Helen and his brother, John during a disagreement. Eruada alleged that the defendants inflicted severe injuries on the pastor’s wife and her brother.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of sections 172, 168, 308, and 411 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2015 ans section 172 provides a three-year jail term for offenders.
The Chief Magistrate, Mr O.D. Njoku, admitted the defendants to bail in the sum of N50, 000 bails with two sureties each in like sum. Njoku adjourned the case until July 15, for mention.
- Amotekun: Nigeria is Not Working – Oyegun, Former APC Chairman
- Trump grants Religious Freedom in US, students can now pray and read their Bible in school
- PHOTOS: Anthony Joshua visits Buhari in London, shows off his championship Belts
- when i had accident, my father sold his bike to save my Life, today i bought him a car (photos)
- Nigerian Lady celebrates her boyfriend, says’ your di*k is my Life, etc. (photos)