A pregnant woman was on Tuesday burnt to death in a ghastly motor accident which occurred along Omi Adio, Ibadan, axis of the Ibadan- Abeokuta expressway, leaving several others with varying decree of burn injuries.
About eight people were said to have sustained severe injuries when they were trapped in the liteace commercial bus coming from Apata to Omi Adio, along the one-lane expressway.
The ill-fated commercial bus, according to eyewitness account developed mechanical problem when its shaft pulled off, causing the driver to lose control and ran into a ditch after somersaulting several times.
However, the confused passengers numbering about ten were in the process of finding their way out of the wrecked bus when it went up in flames, and trapped the occupants.
As dozens of sympathizers struggled to rescue the victims, the pregnant woman who was said to seat in the front became unconscious and was unable to escape from the inferno which also caught other passengers in the bus.
The Victims have been rushed to a nearby medical facility, Alaafia hospital, Apata where they were receiving medical attention , while the deceased pregnant woman was said to have deposits at the Adeoyo state hospital morgue , Ring road, Ibadan.
- Iranian chess ref who Lives in Russia, says’ I will Never go back to my country
- Bus conductor and passenger fights and fall inside dirty gutter over N100 (video)
- I am the Elected senator for Anambra south, Not Ifeanyi Ubah – Obinna Uzoh
- I will be coming back to Nigeria for my Parent’s Burial – Nnamdi Kkanu
- PHOTOS: Buhari Travels to London