The Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Dignity Lazarus was arrested by the Police Command in Akwa Ibom State for allegedly defrauding over 300 persons in Akwa Ibom State.
According to Godswin Akpan, The suspect who was arrested at the popular Emerald Lounge, Osongama Estate, Saturday June, 15, 2019, at about 10 am, is said to have told his victims that he is the Special Assistant to the Governor on employment matters.
Investigation shows that Lazarus uses Emerald lounge as his meeting point to defraud his unsuspecting victims, and has already given fake employment letters to over 100 persons, with over 200 billed to receive their letters on Monday, June 17.
Lazarus is said to have fraudulently collected his victims between 100,000 to 250.000 to help them secure a job with Ibom Air.
However, luck ran out of the fraudster when he attempted to dupe this reporter. But on sighting the fake Ibom Air Employment Form, the Journalist swiftly alerted the relevant authorities and this led to his immediate arrest.
Items recovered from the suspect include: Completed forms of Ibom Air application letters, several passport photographs, laptop used in printing the fake forms, several signed recommendation letters from the office of the governor and two Android devices.
The suspect is providing the police with useful information which will help in unraveling the antics of fraudsters in the state.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Live Updates: US senate Begins Trump Impeachment Trial – what you need to Know
- Buhari Government is working with Boko Haram to kill Christians – CAN
- Amotekun: Self Defense Is International Human Rights – Atiku
- How can Governors setup “Amotekun” when they have not paid Minimum wage ? – Junaid Mohammed
- Imo state: 9 Lawmakers defects to APC, Deputy speaker Resigns