Nigerian Police and Army have has arrested the robbers who attempted to rob a First Bank branch in Mbape, Abuja.
The robbers reportedly gained entrance into the bank on Saturday morning as early as 10am but were unable to leave as the armed forces surrounded the area.
One of them was reportedly killed.
The police, in an official reaction, said the FCT Command scuttled the attempted robbery at about 1200hrs.
ASP Yusuf Mariam, Deputy Police Public Relations Officer, in a statement, said: “Police Operatives were immediately deployed to the scene and engaged in crossfire with the robbers thereby foiling the attack on the bank with the back up of the Military.
“Consequently, Four suspects were arrested and one shot dead while trying to escape. The Commissioner of Police has ordered a discreet investigation of the incident”, the spokesman said.
“The Command urges residents to remain calm as normalcy has been restored while reaffirming its commitment to nip crime in the bud and ensure safety in the FCT. In case of emergency contact the Command through any of these emergency numbers: 08032003913, 08061581938, 07057337653 and 08028940883,”.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Nigerian man arrested for sexually abusing his Little Daughter and Son – Abuja (photos)
- Buhari created Boko Haram, He cannot defeat Himself – Fani Kayode
- I can’t stop saying the Truth, I fear Nobody, I have 4 Lions in Me – Fani Kayode
- Police shoots Iraqis protesting against US military Presence in Iraq, 4 dead (photos)
- Trump Defense team already winning the Impeachment Trial, Hits back on Democrats (read)