According to a source, men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) have killed one person and left many with varying degrees of injury after opening fire on guests during a burial procession in Rumuosi, Obio-Akpor local government area of Port Harcourt, the Rivers State.
The burial procession which was carried out for one Aleruchi Woko, who was allegedly killed by security operatives while protesting the deplorable state of the area, turned violent after some youths who had gone to carry the corpse at a mortuary in Rumuosi began robbing shop owners and residents with machetes, the reports said.
Their actions were said to have prompted the SARS operatives to move swiftly into action which ultimately led to the shooting spree.
Confirming the incident, the Community Development Committee Chairman of Nkpolu Community, Achinike Orubuogwu, said:
“The young man killed by the Police and the other one nursing bullet wounds are not indigenes of the community, but sympathizers who came to join us when went to the mortuary to carry the corpse of our brother.”
- PHOTOS: Anthony Joshua visits Buhari in London, shows off his championship Belts
- when i had accident, my father sold his bike to save my Life, today i bought him a car (photos)
- Nigerian Lady celebrates her boyfriend, says’ your di*k is my Life, etc. (photos)
- Supreme Court have penetrated Imo state with their evil plans and inhuman policies – Imo General Assembly
- AFC bans Iran from hosting international football competitions